We're Getting There! ;)

Sunday, March 4, 2012

DIY: Floral Hair Piece & a little interesting update...

Good evening ladies! Wow, it's been a while. March break is approaching thank the Lord, I think we all need a break from this crazyness that is 2012! Anyways, let's get on with the post.

My video was an unexpected sort of thing. My intention wasn't to create hair pieces at all, but I felt a little imaginative one day so I went ahead and made a video about it. It's great for summer too, and everything I used is incredibly affordable. Give yourself $15, and you can make 7 or 8 beautiful pieces!  Here's what I used:

Materials: (I feel like I'm writing a science lab here...)
  1. Scissors
  2. Super glue
  3. Mesh/silk fabrics cut into small pieces
  4. Sewing pins
  5. Fake flowers
  6. Rhinestones
  7. Thin cardboard
  8. Hot glue gun
  9. Clips and bobby pins
Here's what I did:

Procedure:

  1. Cut off the flowers you want to use for your mini bouquet.
  2. Take your cardboard and cut a small round circle out of it.
  3. Measure the circle against the felt, and cut a section of felt large enough to cover the entire surface of the cardboard.
  4. Superglue the felt to the cardboard.
  5. Hot glue down the edges of the felt to the cardboard.
  6. Face the clean side up and hot glue on the flowers arranged to your preference.
  7. Let everything set for 7 ot 8 minutes.
  8. Hot glue your clip onto the base in an open position to eliminate risks of burning your fingers, or gluing the clip shut.
  9. Play around with the fabric until you like the way it looks behind your bouquet. Remember, don't let it overpower!
  10. Pin the fabric in place.
  11. Strut that hair piece like it's nobody's business.
And there you have it! The ridiculously easy and affordable way to get adorable hair pieces instantly!

Now, you're probably wondering what I'm going to tell you about where I've been and why my videos have not been uploaded at a consistant rate. Well I'll explain everything.

As you guys know, I'm a very busy girl. Juggling chores, responsibilties, studying, homework, grades, extra-curricular activities, family and social life is a pretty stressful job! Nonetheless, I started youtube promising myself I'd keep on with it, and that's just what I'll do. So, the second main reason why I haven't been making videos is because I'm really trying to cut back on the amount of time I spend with the media, either on my phone, my computer, my iPod, whatever. It's too much and it seems to be taking a negative toll on myself and those around me. But why is youtube an exception? Because youtube is definitely my creative outlet. I love sharing my thoughts and ideas with others, and quite frankly I feel so refreshed when I put a video together, it's a sense of relief and enjoyment that I miss very dearly when I'm not able to do it regularly.

Now that it is second semester, things at school are a little less hectic, and I'm more familiar with how things work. The extra experience with the balanced life thing really helps too! Like I said before though, I will always continue to make videos, I do it because I love it. And that is all.  So my dears, look forward to seeing more from me in the near future :) Ciao for now, and I hope you have a wonderful night!

You're beautiful. Don't ever forget it.

Hugs, kisses and best wishes.

Mwah, xoxo
-Sarah ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment