We're Getting There! ;)

Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Has Begun!

Beware you guys, don't get too scared, it is one of those long posts, but I've combined my whole week into one! That's pretty good for one who can't seem to stop writing hehe! Hope it doesn't scare you guys away, don't worry, future posts will be shorter ;)

YES! Trying to keep up with my goals here! Goal number...Wow I already forgot... But who cares, it's summer, you're allowed to be slightly demented and still get away with it.  So my beauties, How's your summer going so far? Good good, that's awesome! Oh, me? Well my summer goes a little like this...

DAY 1

It started off I guess you could say 'officially' on Friday, June 30th 2011.  Last day of elementary school or junior high, your preference.  Next year I'm off to high school, and already I've got that minor niner phobia of being shoved into a locker.  Well, that doesn't really happen anymore, but those movies are still pretty convincing...  To celebrate the beautiful Friday, my best friend and I walked over to the lovely plaza across the street from our school.  Someone say Dairy Queen? *droooooools*.  We enjoyed a lovely vanilla cone, courtesy of our teacher's coupon-ing benefits. Shortly after that, I got home, changed out of my uniform - which I used to resent, but now somehow I'm already missing it - did the remainder of the chores, and headed out yet again.  My goal this summer was to actually have a life. So far it's working out pretty well :).





I met up with the girls, and we just walked and yapped, and walked some more, just normal girl stuff. We got to Jenn's house and immediately sought out the huge boom box from her upstairs washroom.  She looked around stealthily, no parents in sight. This meant one thing, and one thing only. PARTY. The speakers were blaring, crazy dancing all over the house, and the hairspray concentration in the air was a little higher than the oxygen level. Perfect.  As we danced around the house like complete fools, we decided food might be a good idea. Delicious.  Kraft Dinner. After about a half an hour of appreciating our youthful immaturity, we decided to take our party outback. 

This was park 2, in our park hopping adventure :)
We raced into the isolated corner of Jenn's backyard and began stretching the small rubber balloons (which were of course purchased innocently at the dollar store hours before) around the nozzle of the hose.  It didn't take long before these precious little balls of water were being flung at one another, in a heated, vengeful battle. The yard looked like a war zone by the time we were done with it.  After our mini World War III episode, we settled down and walked to the park about a kilometer away from her house.  We ran around, took pictures, gossiped and pondered our thoughts on where to go next. Turns out park hopping was our best bet.  After we finished annoying the elders, and belting out lyrics to the latest pop sensations, we decided to take a breather. Well, not so much.  The rest is pretty much history, all I know is that we have to do it all again.


DAY 2

Friday, July 1st, 2011. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!!! Oh Canada, our home and native land, true patriot love, la da da da da... God I love being a Canuck, eh? I'm not even joking, I probably say 'eh' 100 times a day.  Sort of reminds me of our BlogTV session, whenever I asked a question which was followed by that phrase, I would be pointed out; "OMG! You just said 'eh'! Hahahah, you're so Canadian!"  I am. And proud! But jeez, Canada! You're lookin' fly for 144 years!  What's your secret? ;)

This beautiful day was celebrated with pride!  It was actually my grandmother's 60th birthday on June 30th, so we decided to have a wonderful party in our newly renovated backyard.  I'm not going to lie, I absolutely love my yard, we even hung up Christmas lights around our gazebo, and candle lanterns from the sides.  In my home, nothing goes without bling.  My mother and I salvaged beautiful ornate crystals from an old chandelier that was about to be thrown away.  We decorated our party tent with these little ornate pieces, in a surprisingly non tacky way. 



Fireworks were going off all night, it was such a blast. I'm so grateful to have such a awesome family, complete with little cousins, that are incredibly adorable, just saying. We kicked the ball around all day, had mini tackle fights, and I even challenged my grandma to play badminton with me before we started the light show.  I was so confident I'd win, even though my grandmother was the champion badminton player in her high school years.  I'd figured she had lost the touch. Boy, was I wrong. 

It was a fabulous night!  Too bad you only turn 60 once... That was a party to remember!

DAY 3

Saturday, July 2nd, 2011.  It's already been 3 days!? Crazy talk.  I woke up at 10:30 AM, feeling a little adventurous.  I got changed, put on my chic fedora and always gorgeous Wal-Mart couture flats.  Gotta give you credit Wal-Mart, you've really made some impressive improvements in the style department!  My sister and I headed outside to the beautiful, sunny, humid day.  I attempted to chalk on my driveway but soon realized my adventure level wasn't being fulfilled by rubbing a strange substance on the ground to draw a picture.  I needed to celebrate the beauty of summer. Yep, you guessed it, more water balloons.



I twisted the nozzle onto the hose and began filling up the balloons. It wasn't much later until we had already filled up two bucket fulls, and we've still got another 40 balloons to go.  Bliss.  My dad even joined us in the filling, squirting, tying, and tossing routine of the water balloons. It wasn't soon after that we heard the delightful voice of our favourite Uncle, Uncle Mel.  Over 70, and you wouldn't believe how much spunk he has!  One of the funniest people I know, I just love him so much!  He took us out to lunch at Montana's and after dropping off Tasha and my dad at home, we headed to the local mall.  I actually have a friend's birthday to go to, so we picked up a birthday card at Hallmark, and then bought an iTunes gift card for the crazed Beatles fan I call my best friend.  Just by fluke, we stopped into Old Navy and I spotted shorts I needed to have. White, pressed and cuffed. Just the way I like 'em.  SHORTS, I'm talking about shorts.



Some delicious calamari at our restaurant!

After our adventure, we drove to Costco, and I spotted a body pillow I became a little too obsessed with... It's a nude beige with textured zebra stripes! Like, c'mon guys, how can I live without it? McDonald's Iced Coffee in hand, we drove back home and unloaded our goodies.  OMG, that reminds me I have to fill out that card! 

DAY 4

Sunday, July 3rd, 2011.  I woke up this morning at 9:27 AM by my best friends' laughter.  "It's mornin!"  said a accented Irish voice. Colleen's mum's cheerful voice invited us up to eat some homemade brekky. What's better than scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes on a Sunday morning? Oh yes, scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes - BUT - not having to make them yourself.  That truly is the best treat of life.  It was such a fun night, swimming, splashing, crazy pictures, The Beatles rock band, and falling asleep to the ambient glow of the TV across the room, silently displaying the colourful character's of the early childhood oriented channel, Tree House.


Crazy, crazy night!

When I got home around 10:30 AM, my parents took my sister and I to a remote little country town actually really far away from where we live. It was based upon Mennonite cultures and lifestyles, and just to see the way people used to live-and the way they still do, is absolutely mind blowing.  Not a stitch of makeup on their faces, hair has never been touched by any styling product or curling iron, and everything they wore were were homemade.  I could only imagine how they would react if they'd seen the life we live, or maybe they already do see it?  Yet they still choose to honour their cultures.  Either way, props to them, because to be honest, I don't think I could be ever be suited to live a life like that.


A Mennonite family in a horse and wagon!


We visited the many little shops on the main street.  There were restaurants, clothing stores, accessory stores-you name it-they had it.  I absolutely love going places like these! It was such an amazing experience to be exposed to something completely different than our own comfort zone.  It really allowed me to appreciate what I have, and to never take any of it for granted. Once we got home, we simply relaxed, folded some laundry and headed to bed.  My mother and I made ourselves absolutely delicious salads-mine was Caesar, and hers was Olive oil and Vinaigrette.  Delish. Hahah not that it was all that important now was it? My dad and I started watching the movie Piranha, but unfortunately didn't get to finish it, as my mom scolded us, "This is way to scary for you guys to watch."  My dad and I laughed it off, knowing she was the only one too scared to watch it. 


In the old country town.

DAY 5

That would be today. Monday, July 4th 2011. I don't have nay pictures for today yet, since it's only 3:17 PM.  I'm still in my pj's and I've been cleaning all day.  I made some crepes for my parents when they get home, and my sister and I nibbled on a few too.  I've been adding pictures to my blog ever since, and I'm planning on brushing my teeth, jumping in my bathing suit, and going outside to do one of three things tan, slip n' slide, and water balloon fight.  Or maybe all three, who knows? 

Anyways my loves, that's my amateur blogpost for the day I'll try to do more, I promise I'll complete them with pictures and everything! :)  This blogging stuff is so much fun :) Comment and let me know whatchu think about my crazy life!! Talk to you soon!

Ciao.
Sarah Marie xo


xoxo ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment