We're Getting There! ;)

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Canon Rebel T3i

Good morning my beautiful Shimmer babes!


I love you Henry!


If you guys follow me on Twitter, you would know that I recently bought ma self a fancy new profesh camera. Okay well it's not super professional, but it's professional enough for me haha.  It's proper name is the Canon Rebel T3i/EOS 600D and it includes a 18-55mm IS lens right out of the box! That's a really good lens for the standard in-the-box type thing. It's beginner entry camera, and it's specifically created for amateur photographers just starting out with their careers, and familiarizing themselves with the likes of DSLR's. a.k.a - myself.  Personally I love it, and I'm planning on purchasing some larger lenses in the future, but this stuff doesn't come cheap...AT ALL. I'm still saving up, but like I told you guys in the video, I have wanted this camera for such a long time, I haven't spent anything on myself at all until after I purchased this camera-that's how much I've been saving! And that's like 9 months! It's ridiculous! Now that I have the camera of course, my new challenge is compressing the giant video files that support the pristine quality...but that issue's a whole other blogpost on it's own haha. By the way, if you have any websites you know of that can compress .MOV files, please for the love of God let me know!!!


This is one of my very first pictures - it's a shot of my front door!

 So let's get down to basics. I'm really not here to do a review on the T3i or anything, but if you click here, you can open up a tab to an amazing post all about the T3i, and that is the review that has helped me so much in choosing the camera I really wanted. Anyways, the reason I chose this camera was because it suited all my needs and more.  I'm definitely very interested in photography and I'm very creative, not to sound conceded or anything, but it's a genuine trait of mine that I have been told I'm lucky to acquire. News to me. Regardless of any creative level though, this camera has so many amazing features-not to mention an extremely user-friendly interface-that I just couldn't resist.  I had hoped to film all my videos on this camera, therefore that was the main purpose, so the features had to be jaw-dropping for that kind of money. And believe me loves, IT IS. I like the fact that it has a flip screen that varies in angles, it's very convenient when you're trying to see what you're doing in the camera :).  I also like the fact that the video will automatically stop if it doesn't sense movement for over a set amount of seconds. This is a great feature for me because sometimes I'm rummaging around looking for something in my room, while the camera could be recording my useless footage, and that really isn't an option when the average file size is 1 gig per video segment.

The lovely flowers in front of my house.

Another main reason this camera caught my attention was of course the fact that it takes astonishing photos, at an easy-to-learn pace. There are a lot of preset modes on the camera which are really convenient for a beginner in DSLR's like myself, as I'm still getting to know most of the functions and fancy terms people use in camera talk.  There are of course some manual modes you can set completely to your own liking, for those who are more on the adventurous side...not unlike myself or anything aha. I also like the fact that there are interchangeable lenses for different purposes, I can't really say too much about this topic, since I'm still figuring out the tricks of the box lens, but I'm sure this bad boy will do me good for quite a long amount of time.

Just a random picture in my backyard that I seemed to love.

I would love to go into main details with you guys about the camera, and give you some more in depth thoughts, but like I said, I'm not trying to review it, just more so stating why I love it, why I bought it, and why I'm just so freaking happy I'm typing this blogpost about my baby. Well, I guess he's kind of my adopted baby. His name is Henry...Don't ask, long story. ;)



My little babydoll Daisy ♥

So that concludes the blogpost for today, I hope you all enjoyed the miscellaneous thoughts that were jumbled into this post, and as always my unique sense of weirdness all my posts share hehe.   Don't forget to follow my blog (You're already here ;) and my Twitter account, AND YES, you can follow my blog, with your Twitter account! That's how easy it is! YAY! I love you! And I hope you're all enjoying your summer so far! I hope you laughed a little during this post too, because laughing is the best feeling ever :) And I really do hope you like my amateur photos haha, comment and tell me what you think! I'll talk to all you beautiful people in my next video, or in my next post!

Ciao for now bellas!

Much love,
Sarah Marie xo ♥


4 comments:

  1. wow, love your camera and pics! im trying to save up for mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received this camera as a college graduation gift and so far I am loving it as well. A lot to learn though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the same.. and i love it!
    should def. consider the 55-250mm lens... =)

    ReplyDelete